FO document global settings

Stefan Geuken

Hello NG,

I'm very new on XML and FO.

I have converted a Word-RTF File to FO. Now I am generating a PDF file
from it using apache FOP. The source FO file is full of duplicate code
(e.g. the font attributes are set in every inline element, the
table-cell border attributes are set in every cell).

How can I make the FO code look smaller? For exapmle, how can I set
the font and border attributes global for all elements and cells? I
did not find something in the docs about it.

Converting to PDF takes a long time (about 45 sec for 50 pages)? Is
this faster if the code is smaller? How can I make it go faster?

Hoping for answers...

Yours
Stefan