Folder Permission

A P

Do I need to give a read permission for "Everyone" on the WWWroot in order
for me to use ASP.NET Code? I notice this when I only add the IUSR account
of my machine to have change permission on the said folder, and it already
give me an error: Server Error in '/' Application. So I try adding the
"Everyone" with Read permission and it worked! Please answer my query.

Guest

Dear Friend A P,

Did u give a read (or read/ write as the case may be) permission on the said
folder to the user machine_name\ASPNet where machine_name is the name of ur
pc on the network ?

I think this will solve your problem.

If in case it does not solve your problem, give permissions to the group
"Authenticated users". But try avoiding to use everyone group with any
permissions on any of the Folders in your application.

Hoipe that helped ....

regards,

Kishor.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Rather than opening up the security to Everyone, try giving the same access
to the ASPNET account.