How to get specific folder permission

Milan

Hi,

I am new to this group.
I am developing product on .net. It generates some XML files.
But it gives error when trying to generates files in Documents and
Settings folder.
It gives error says "No permission to write or Not authorized to
write".
(Checked Machine permission is set everyone to read and write)
Can i know before wrting to folder its permission ?

Milan

Mattias Sjögren

But it gives error when trying to generates files in Documents and
Settings folder.

Directly under Documents and Settings, or under the current user's
subdirectory?

Can i know before wrting to folder its permission ?

Yes, but why do oyu need to know. Even if you check before writing,
the permissions could have changed by the time you actually write. So
you should be prepared to catch permission exceptions anyway.

Mattias