Fonts and PIL

Greg Lindstrom

Hello-
I'm running Python 2.3 on a windows box and would like to use PIL to
superimpose text over an existing pgn image. I have no problem getting
the text on the image but can not figure out how to manage fonts. How
to set the font style and size. From reading the archives I surmise
that I want to work with *.pil files. I've searched my box for the font
files but did not find them. I've googled for information on pil font
files and it appears to be involved with Zope. So, can any of you
honcho-level types help me out? How can I set font size and style in my
PIL application?

Thanks again!
--greg

--
Greg Lindstrom 501 975.4859
Computer Programmer (e-mail address removed)

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." W.W.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ulf_G=F6ransson?=

Greg said:
I'm running Python 2.3 on a windows box and would like to use PIL to
superimpose text over an existing pgn image. I have no problem getting
the text on the image but can not figure out how to manage fonts. How
to set the font style and size. From reading the archives I surmise
that I want to work with *.pil files. I've searched my box for the font
files but did not find them. I've googled for information on pil font
files and it appears to be involved with Zope. So, can any of you
honcho-level types help me out? How can I set font size and style in my
PIL application?

Pick a nice .ttf file and load it with ImageFont.truetype().

/ug