Form based authentication

Anders Steinlein

I'm developing a portal-based web application, and I've set up Tomcat to
do form based authentication. This works great when people try to access
protected resources, but I want them to be able to log in directly from
any non-protected page (through a "log in"-box always visible). When I
try that, I get this error message:

Invalid direct reference to form login page
The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid
direct reference to form login page).

Is there a way to work around this, so people can log in whenever they
want to?

Thanks!

\Anders

Mark Meyer

In our last episode said:
I'm developing a portal-based web application, and I've set up Tomcat to
do form based authentication. This works great when people try to access
protected resources, but I want them to be able to log in directly from
any non-protected page (through a "log in"-box always visible). When I
try that, I get this error message:

Invalid direct reference to form login page
The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid
direct reference to form login page).

Is there a way to work around this, so people can log in whenever they
want to?

Have you considered having the "log in" box link to a protected "home"
page? Users will be prompted to log in to get there.

Mark Meyer (e-mail address removed)
Raytheon Voice (972)344-0830 Fax (972)344-6840