Form Submission Question

Shannon

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to submit form data using the XMLHTTP object, but the site I am trying to post to only uses folder names in
their form's Action reference. For example:

<form action="/servlet/Login" target="_top" method="POST" enctype="x-www-form-encoded" onSubmit='return goodform()'>

and the XMLHTTP object seems to require a pecific file reference.

Any ideas for finding the specific name of the file to which the form is submitted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....btw, site is at http://www.imrmls.com

Thanks!

Shannon

brucie

I am trying to submit form data

oh &god;!

do i supply a link to the answer like last time there was a form
question and mistakenly assume the OP would read it to save me writing
paragraphs of gobbledygook but the OP didn't so i had to follow up
with paragraphs of gobbledygook after checking half a dozen RFCs to
make sure the gobbledygook i was writing was good gobbledygook?

or do i break for lunch and have some scones i made earlier and read
RFC821 (the most popular RFC on faqs.org) while i vigorously
masturbate pretending i never saw the post and hope someone else will
answer it before i come back for the afternoon usenet session?

hmmmmmm.....

<fingers in ears> LA LA LA LA LA I CANT SEE YOU LA LA LA LA LA...

Shannon

Thank you for your eloquent reply to my post. No doubt with that attitude, members of the opposite sex find you...hmm,
shall we say..."interesting?"

1) Last time I checked, the <form></form> tagset fell under HTML, making my post on-topic for this group.
2) My original question was polite, short, to-the-point, and without controversy
3) It is much easier, much more polite, and much less a waste of everyone's time and bandwidth simply to ignore a
question than flame it.

I appreciate the fact that you don't know the answer to the question, but find it odd that you would spend so much of
your time letting everyone know it.

Now, if anyone can help me determine the location of a submission retrieval filename from off-server, I would greatly
appreciate any help they could offer.

Thank you again,

Shannon

Hywel Jenkins

Shannon said:
Hello, everyone.

I am trying to submit form data using the XMLHTTP object, but the site I am trying to post to only uses folder names in
their form's Action reference. For example:

<form action="/servlet/Login" target="_top" method="POST" enctype="x-www-form-encoded" onSubmit='return goodform()'>

and the XMLHTTP object seems to require a pecific file reference.

Any ideas for finding the specific name of the file to which the form is submitted?

Could it not just be submitting to a file called "Login" in the
"servlet" directory? Files on web servers don't have to have
extensions, you know.

brucie

Thank you for your eloquent reply to my post.

you're welcome. please don't toppost.

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post
No doubt with that attitude, members of the opposite sex find you...hmm,
shall we say..."interesting?"

theres an opposite sex?
1) Last time I checked, the <form></form> tagset fell under HTML, making my
post on-topic for this group.

correct. and further:

<quote>
Just about anything Web related is on topic in alt.html however keep
in mind that (for example) for JavaScript questions you would probably
get a better response in a newsgroup specifically aimed at JavaScript.
</quote> http://alt-html.org/

your post easily fits within that criteria
2) My original question was polite, short, to-the-point, and without controversy

yes but there was no entertainment!
I appreciate the fact that you don't know the answer to the question, but
find it odd that you would spend so much of your time letting everyone know
it.

i believed the answer was obvious if you thought about it for 2
seconds. sorry, my mistake. perhaps you've been staring at your error
filled tag soup for too long. http://usenet.alt-html.org/imrmls.html
obviously i don't know a working login so only an error message is
returned but it does indicate the form script is receiving the posted
data.

Art Sackett

Shannon said:
Hello, everyone.

I am trying to submit form data using the XMLHTTP object, but the site I am trying to post to only uses folder names in
their form's Action reference.
Any ideas for finding the specific name of the file to which the form is submitted?

Refer to the application documentation, as what you've got is an
application specific problem.

I'd like to be of more help, but I've got to get reading up on RFC2821
in a manner quite unlike Brucie's...

:)

Hywel Jenkins

I'm starting to like this guy.

Give it time and it will be more than "like". We love brucie, in both
the emotional and physical sense. He is a domestic goddess of Herculaen
proportions. He am El Daddio.