form troubles with layout

gregerly

Hello All. I'm having an issue with a form I made, not with the
handling of the form, I'm doing that with PHP, but more with the look
and layout. First, the site in question can be found at
www.gregerly.net/flavortech

When designing on my home computer It looks fine, but when I look on my
laptop the form is very out of place and seem larger (breaking the
design) than they do on my home computer. Not sure of the resolution
of the home CPU but my laptop has been tested with 1600 x 1200 and 1024
x 768. How do you control how long the form is? Like I said, it looks
fine layed out at home, but not on the laptop. Any ideas? How does it
look to you? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Greg

Steve Pugh

gregerly said:
Hello All. I'm having an issue with a form I made, not with the
handling of the form, I'm doing that with PHP, but more with the look
and layout. First, the site in question can be found at
www.gregerly.net/flavortech

When designing on my home computer It looks fine, but when I look on my
laptop the form is very out of place and seem larger (breaking the
design) than they do on my home computer. Not sure of the resolution
of the home CPU but my laptop has been tested with 1600 x 1200 and 1024
x 768. How do you control how long the form is? Like I said, it looks
fine layed out at home, but not on the laptop. Any ideas? How does it
look to you? Thanks in advance for any responses.

The box surrounding the form is a single graphic. Hence when the form
is larger than you anticipated (maybe the user has a larger font size
than you) the form will grow but the box will not.

You need to rethink how you're creating that box. The method you used
for the register box beneath the form is better.

Meanwhile you have some other errors to fix:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.gregerly.net/flavortech/

Steve

Greg

The box surrounding the form is a single graphic. Hence when the form
is larger than you anticipated (maybe the user has a larger font size
than you) the form will grow but the box will not.

You need to rethink how you're creating that box. The method you used
for the register box beneath the form is better.

Thank you for your response. I was trying to go tableless (I know the
register box is a table, but I wanted to make sure the text didn't stretch
outside of the graphic, but I thought you could control how long the text
boxes were. Anyhow, I'll convert it over, and I appreciate you taking a
look.

Thanks again.

Greg