form won't post!

Lucas Fletcher

Hi,

For some reason ASP.NET forms do not post on my live server, although they
work fine in dev. The only difference I can see between the two is that the
framework version on live is:

1.1.4322.2032

and on dev:

1.1.4322.573

Also when I view the source on both I see some differences. For example on
live:

onsubmit="if (!ValidatorOnSubmit()) return false;"

and dev:

onsubmit="ValidatorOnSubmit();"

On live:

<!--
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") && (Page_ValidationVer
== "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
}
return true;
}
// -->
</script>

and on dev:

<script language="javascript">
<!--
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
alert("Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing this
file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
alert("This page uses an incorrect version of WebUIValidation.js.
The page expects version 125. The script library is " + Page_ValidationVer +
".");
else
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
if (Page_ValidationActive) {
ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
// -->
</script>

The client-side script libraries are the same on both live and dev. This has
me stumped. I've tried setting smartNavigation to both true and false to see
if that would help, but there is not difference.

I am using the same client for both, IE6.

Any ideas?

Thx,

Scott Allen

Sounds as if you need to update the production server with .NET 1.1
SP1. The validation code is out of synch.