ASP.NET 1.1 validation client script - confusing difference on different machines

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Pete Beech, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Pete Beech

    Pete Beech Guest

    Hi,
    We have an ASP.NET 1.1 webapp, deployed on an integration and a
    production server - exactly the same code. One of the

    pages has client side validation script, using the validation
    Webcontrols. The HTML rendered out from production is

    different to that from integration, although they are both running
    ASP.NET 1.1 (verified using aspnet_regiis -lk, looking

    in IIS mappings, etc).

    Apart from minor (but still puzzling) differences in syntax and
    formatting, the page from our local machines and

    integration has client script like this:

    ------------------------------
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
    alert("Unable to find script library
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
    this

    file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
    else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
    alert("This page uses an incorrect version of
    WebUIValidation.js. The page expects version 125. The script

    library is " + Page_ValidationVer + ".");
    else
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
    if (Page_ValidationActive) {
    ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();
    ------------------------------

    But the page from production has client script rendered out like this:

    ------------------------------
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&
    (Page_ValidationVer == "125"))
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    function ValidatorOnSubmit() {
    if (Page_ValidationActive) {
    ValidatorCommonOnSubmit();

    Basically, the production one has no alerts when the client script
    isn't found or is the wrong version.

    Can anyone explain what is causing this change? Is there a patch or a
    setting that stops the alerts being rendered?

    (I compared machine.config on both machines, and they are identical.)

    Hope someone can help,
    Cheers,
    Pete Beech
    Pete Beech, Aug 25, 2004