    kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
    I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
    as to how this can be resolved?
    lokisapocalypse, Feb 2, 2004

  2. lokisapocalypse

    Laurey Guest

    I know when I changed hosts I had to escape the @ in my email address
    or my scripts failed... that could be one issue.

    Have you tried commenting out the mailig portion and adding a
    break-code to see if the form is actually getting the information to
    the script?

    Laurey, Feb 3, 2004

  3. lokisapocalypse

    Oliver Frick Guest

    "lokisapocalypse" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
    > account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
    > the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
    > not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
    > "Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
    > get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
    > kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
    > I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
    > as to how this can be resolved?

    does your script send "Content-type:text/plain\n\n" or
    "Content-type:text/html\n\n" first?
    Oliver Frick, Feb 4, 2004