formmail

lokisapocalypse

I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
"Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
as to how this can be resolved?

Laurey

I know when I changed hosts I had to escape the @ in my email address
or my scripts failed... that could be one issue.

Have you tried commenting out the mailig portion and adding a
break-code to see if the form is actually getting the information to
the script?

Oliver Frick

lokisapocalypse said:
I am working on script that sends information from a form to an email
account. It worked fine on my campus account but when posting it to
the internet and adding the new site to the recipients folder, it does
not send me the email anymore. A friend suggested that I add || die
"Cannot send mail. $!"; after the open(MAIL, "|$mailprog") command to
get open(MAIL, "|$mailprog")|| die "Cannot send mail. $!"; which will
kill the script if it cannot open the mail command. After doing this,
I now get an error message saying script produced no output. Any ideas
as to how this can be resolved?

does your script send "Content-type:text/plain\n\n" or
"Content-type:text/html\n\n" first?