Forms Authentication accross applications and firefox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by o0JoeCool0o, Nov 22, 2006.

  1. o0JoeCool0o

    o0JoeCool0o Guest

    Has anyone else tried this?

    I have been messing with this for a week and cant figure it out, for
    some reason firefox will not read an authentication cookie unless it
    was set by the applciation that your trying to load.

    Where as IE will read the authentication cookie if it has the same name

    (as specified in web.config) regardless of which application your in.

    I am using the same machienkey decryptkey in both applications and
    trying to just have one login page for both applciations. It works
    perfectly in IE but in firefox you have to login again to view anything

    from the second project. and you have to use the .setAuthCookie in the
    second applciation.
    o0JoeCool0o, Nov 22, 2006

  2. o0JoeCool0o

    o0JoeCool0o Guest

    I think it may be related to the way firefox stores cookeis in one
    single txt file instead of one for each domain

    o0JoeCool0o, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Have you set the cookie Path to "/" and set allowCrossAppRedirects="true" in
    your Forms auth config section?
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 23, 2006