    http://metafysica.nl/crystal.html
    But I need it to have it in the right frame like this http://metafysica.nl

    Jurgen
    Blurg, Oct 3, 2003

  2. In article <JJhfb.50536$>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem with my webpage. It uses two frames, the left one for the
    > contents list and the right one for the body content.
    > Now, when I look up a page in for example google, then it's always choosing
    > the body (right frame) and this way people only get the requested page in
    > question without the left frame. I like to find a way that if such a page is
    > requested, it's always requesting the left frame too.
    > Is this possible, or do I need to use some Javascript or something? I'd like
    > to try this without a server-side scripting language.
    >
    > to see what I mean: when I try to find a page in google about I get for
    > example this page as a result:
    > http://metafysica.nl/crystal.html
    > But I need it to have it in the right frame like this http://metafysica.nl

    You could solve this with JavaScript, or you could just drop the frames
    entirely and use SSI for you common elements. Can you now see why
    frames are evil? That alert on entry is fscking stupid, too.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 3, 2003

  3. Blurg wrote:

    > I have a problem with my webpage. It uses two frames, the left one for the
    > contents list and the right one for the body content.

    Oh dear

    > Now, when I look up a page in for example google, then it's always
    > choosing the body (right frame) and this way people only get the requested
    > page in question without the left frame.

    This is one of the limitations of frames. While its possible to work around
    this, its much easier to replace the frames with something better (solving
    half a dozen other problems in the process).

    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frame/ has some pointers.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 3, 2003

    http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/ has some pointers.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Oct 3, 2003
  5. Blurg

    JT Guest

    "Blurg" wrote:
    > I have a problem with my webpage. It uses two frames, the left one for the
    > contents list and the right one for the body content.
    > Now, when I look up a page in for example google, then it's always

    choosing
    > the body (right frame)

    This is because you have your title and meta tags in the right frame, these
    should be in your index page. Your left frame needs adjusting as it has a
    lower scroll bar.
    JT, Oct 3, 2003
  6. Blurg

    www.raph.nl Guest

    Blurg wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a problem with my webpage. It uses two frames, the left one
    > for the contents list and the right one for the body content.
    > Now, when I look up a page in for example google, then it's always
    > choosing the body (right frame) and this way people only get the
    > requested page in question without the left frame. I like to find a
    > way that if such a page is requested, it's always requesting the left
    > frame too.
    > Is this possible, or do I need to use some Javascript or something?
    > I'd like to try this without a server-side scripting language.
    >
    > to see what I mean: when I try to find a page in google about I get
    > for example this page as a result:
    > http://metafysica.nl/crystal.html
    > But I need it to have it in the right frame like this
    > http://metafysica.nl
    >

    > Jurgen

    Hi Jurgen,

    Take a look at my test page www.raph.nl/test
    This page possesses the most important advantage of frames, but not the
    (many) disadvantages. Let's call it a 'frameless CSS frame'.
    It's still a prototype, but I haven't yet found a disadvantage of this
    solution. The information on the page is fully accessible in browsers that
    have no or insufficient CSS support.

    CU!

    Raph
    www.raph.nl
    www.raph.nl, Oct 3, 2003
  7. Blurg

    Blurg Guest

    Now, I will investigate the solutions, as there are more techniques to this
    kind of problem, as I can see now.
    Thank you all for this help, and Mr Jenkins, what an interesting way to make
    yourself clear.

    Jurgen

    Blurg, Oct 5, 2003