Frame Scrollbars Question...

Chris Ashley

I'm having an issue with frame scrollbars, which I think is as a
consequence of centering the frame. See here:

http://www.webmoney.co.uk/heath-home-test/examplecontainer/quotepopup.htm?bid=1002

When the 'main' frame page is too big, scrollbars obviously appear, but
they're attached to that frame itself which makes it look a little odd.
Is there any way of making the scrollbars appear on the main browser
window instead to drive the scrolling in that individual frame?

Chris Ashley

Martin said:
You've gone a bit OTT by using all those frames. You don't need any of
them. :(

I think I do. It's because the quote bit (in the main frame) is a
separate system that needs to be detached from the rest of the design.

Andy Dingley

Chris said:
I'm having an issue with frame scrollbars,
<script language="javascript">
qs = window.location.search;
document.write('<frameset

document.write, frames and an ancient doctype ? Just how much
wrongness can you fit into a single page.

Start again. With a book and Notepad. If this is the best Visual Studio
can make, I think it validates my comment over in alt.www.webmaster

Jonathan N. Little

Chris said:
I think I do. It's because the quote bit (in the main frame) is a
separate system that needs to be detached from the rest of the design.
You ought to see what you get when JavaScript is disabled!!! Tsk-tsk.