Frames Problem

Will S

Have found a copy of my old web site and have put it back on my new ISP. Now
I am going to redo my web site using frames with a link to the old site
included in my toolbar ( toolbar is the name that I give mt links frame ).
Actually the link is to a page that explains its an old site that I did eons
ago and the link is on that page. The problem is when I link to it, it opens
with the frame toolbar still showing on the left and as part of the old site
has a frames version it ends up with 2 toolbars of diffeent colours etc .

So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
part of my site ?

btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML

me

Will S said:
Have found a copy of my old web site and have put it back on my new ISP.
Now I am going to redo my web site using frames with a link to the old
site included in my toolbar ( toolbar is the name that I give mt links
frame ). Actually the link is to a page that explains its an old site that
I did eons ago and the link is on that page. The problem is when I link to
it, it opens with the frame toolbar still showing on the left and as part
of the old site has a frames version it ends up with 2 toolbars of
diffeent colours etc .

So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
part of my site ?

btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML

Maybe:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/linking/_A_TARGET.html

You have to look for 'html' and 'target' at google.

But i think most people here will advice you to step away from frames ;-)

Hans