    So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
    part of my site ?

    btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML
    Will S, Jun 19, 2005

  2. Will S

    me Guest

    "Will S" <> schreef in bericht
    news:Mx6te.1499$...
    > Have found a copy of my old web site and have put it back on my new ISP.
    > Now I am going to redo my web site using frames with a link to the old
    > site included in my toolbar ( toolbar is the name that I give mt links
    > frame ). Actually the link is to a page that explains its an old site that
    > I did eons ago and the link is on that page. The problem is when I link to
    > it, it opens with the frame toolbar still showing on the left and as part
    > of the old site has a frames version it ends up with 2 toolbars of
    > diffeent colours etc .
    >
    > So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
    > part of my site ?
    >

    > btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML

    Maybe:

    http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/linking/_A_TARGET.html

    You have to look for 'html' and 'target' at google.

    But i think most people here will advice you to step away from frames ;-)

    Hans
    me, Jun 19, 2005

  3. Will S

    Will S Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message

    > "Will S" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Have found a copy of my old web site and have put it back on my new ISP.
    >> Now I am going to redo my web site using frames with a link to the old
    >> site included in my toolbar ( toolbar is the name that I give mt links
    >> frame ). Actually the link is to a page that explains its an old site
    >> that I did eons ago and the link is on that page. The problem is when I
    >> link to it, it opens with the frame toolbar still showing on the left and
    >> as part of the old site has a frames version it ends up with 2 toolbars
    >> of diffeent colours etc .
    >>
    >> So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
    >> part of my site ?
    >>

    >> btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML
    >>

    > Maybe:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/linking/_A_TARGET.html
    >
    > You have to look for 'html' and 'target' at google.
    >
    > But i think most people here will advice you to step away from frames ;-)
    >
    > Hans

    thx, that fixed the problem

    and I remember that debate about frames was going on 6 years ago when I
    started playing with HTML
    Will S, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Will S

    Ringo Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message

    > "Will S" <> schreef in bericht
    > > Have found a copy of my old web site and have put it back on my new ISP.
    > > Now I am going to redo my web site using frames with a link to the old
    > > site included in my toolbar ( toolbar is the name that I give mt links
    > > frame ). Actually the link is to a page that explains its an old site

    that
    > > I did eons ago and the link is on that page. The problem is when I link

    > > it, it opens with the frame toolbar still showing on the left and as

    part
    > > of the old site has a frames version it ends up with 2 toolbars of
    > > diffeent colours etc .
    > >
    > > So how do I get the link to open in a different window away from the new
    > > part of my site ?
    > >

    > > btw: its 4 years since I played around with HTML
    > >

    > Maybe:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/docs/htmltut/linking/_A_TARGET.html
    >
    > You have to look for 'html' and 'target' at google.
    >
    > But i think most people here will advice you to step away from frames ;-)
    >
    > Hans

    I agree, no frames. Instead, there is free php hosting at
    fbhosting.com, if interested. Either some sort of dynamic html, or use a
    templating system like dreamweaver.
    ringo
    Ringo, Jun 28, 2005