Frames vs. Master Pages

Anon-E-Moose

As stated, Frames just add more confusion most of the time rather than
tangible benefits, though.

That's what you believe. I think there have been a couple examples where
frames are good. To each their own.

m.posseth

I wasn`t verry happy with the popup window myself ,,, however it was needed
to ensure that a user wouldn`t mess up the frames synchronization with his
back - forward buttons
( and because my graphics designer made it like this in photoshop )
i have relesaed other versions ( slightly different ) for swedish
customers http://www.bildelskatalogen.se and
http://reservdelskatalogen.micro.se/ that does not have a popup window

please note that these websites are 1 source ( conditional compiled ) and
are platform independend ( IE & Mozilla browsers )

To get back to the frames stuff ,,, as you see a lot of data is transfered ,
and Automotive workshops have most of the time old hardware and in some
cases not even a broadband connection
so we tested this application with 56k6 modem on a P166 mhz ( wich was
verry slow bot workable if you have some patience ) and with ISDN , GPRS ,
DSL Broadband

With masterpages i do not belive you can acomplish the same as for one thing
all the data has to be retransmitted over the wire

regards

Michel Posseth [MCP]

darrel

I wasn`t verry happy with the popup window myself ,,, however it was
needed
to ensure that a user wouldn`t mess up the frames synchronization with his
back - forward buttons
;o)

( and because my graphics designer made it like this in photoshop )

I know how that is.
To get back to the frames stuff ,,, as you see a lot of data is transfered
, and Automotive workshops have most of the time old hardware and in some
cases not even a broadband connection
so we tested this application with 56k6 modem on a P166 mhz ( wich was
verry slow bot workable if you have some patience ) and with ISDN , GPRS
, DSL Broadband

With masterpages i do not belive you can acomplish the same as for one
thing all the data has to be retransmitted over the wire

Right. I think your application is an appropriate use of Frames.

-Darrel