Frames

Joe Delphi

Hi,

I want to build a web application with frames. FrontPage has some
nice tools for allowing me to build the HTML pages quickly.

Is it possible to build the HTML pages using FrontPage and then
re-name the file suffix from .htm to .aspx and then somehow import them into
my Visual Studio 2003 project?

The only other method that I know of is to manually code the frames
inside of VS 2003, but that is a bit tedious and error-prone.

Any advice on the best way to develop a frame-based web application
is appreciated.

Thanks,
JD

Bruno Alexandre

1st advice I can give you is STAY AWAY OF FRAMES !

I said it all right? :)

but yes you can do that, but FrontPage is the worst WebDesign Program
because of 2 things:

1st. It create to much CODE for to less what we need
2nd. A lot of CODE that FP add it for use with Internet Explorer ONLY!

in this days, we (web designer and programmers) need to openour minds and
design websites to all the browsers, if not all only 3 then: IE + FireFox +
Opera

cause pages opened in Firefox will open in Safari the same way, so, no need
to be scared with Apple :D

Eliyahu Goldin

You can produce any html you wish with your favorite html editor and then
move it to the Visual Studio. In the VS, create a new web form and simply
copy/paste the html in. If you want to access some html elements on server
side, add a runat=server and an id attributes. Note than in VS2003 you will
need to switch to Design view in order for your changes to propagate to the
code behind.

Eliyahu