Framework 2.0 performance problem when upgrading dll in productionenvironment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by oriol.ardevol@gmail.com, May 28, 2008.

    We've recently migrated from a framework 1.1 asp.net solution to
    framework 2.0 and we're facing a problem when upgrading a dll in our
    production environment.

    We have a dll with a pagle object and some thousand pages in our site
    that inherit from that page object. When we upgrade the dll and upload
    it to the server by copying it in the bin folder, the server stops to
    respond for about a couple of hours, with it processos always at 100%.
    We are having a lot of problems of this kind with deployments and is
    something we usually did with framework 1.1 with no problems at all.

    Just for a reference, our aspx pages are almost only html but with
    their "inherit" tags that point to that dll.

    Does anybody know any issue with framework 2.0 that might be causing
    that behaviour ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    thx in advance
    , May 28, 2008