Fredericksburg, VA ZPUG Meeting: November 9, 7:30-9:00 PM

Benji York

Please join us November 9, 7:30-9:00 PM, for the sixth meeting of the
Fredericksburg, VA Zope and Python User Group ("ZPUG"). Squid and
Zope! Using Zope for newspaper publishing! The dangers of object
oriented inheritance! Free food!

* Andrew Sawyers will discuss using the open source cache server
Squid with Zope, including a discussion of the O'Reilly book about
Squid.

* Allen Schmidt, Sr. Programmer for Fredericksburg.com - the
website for the Free Lance-Star - will present on "Using Zope for
Newspaper Publishing".

* Jim Fulton, CTO of Zope Corporation, will present an
abbreviated version of the argument given in Clemens Szyperski's
Component Software for why both inheritance and delegation (e.g.
acquisition) cause tight coupling and therefore should be avoided
except in special circumstances.

* We will serve delicious fruit, cheese, and soft drinks.

We've had a nice group for all the meetings. Please come and bring
friends!

We also are now members of the O'Reilly and Apress user group
programs, which gives us nice book discounts (prices better than
Amazon's, for instance) and the possibility of free review copies.
Ask me about details at the meeting if you are interested.

General ZPUG information

When: second Wednesday of every month, 7:30-9:00.

Where: Zope Corporation offices. 513 Prince Edward Street;
Fredericksburg, VA 22408 (tinyurl for map is http://tinyurl.com/duoab).

Parking: Zope Corporation parking lot; entrance on Prince Edward Street.

Topics: As desired (and offered) by participants, within the
constraints of having to do with Python or Zope.

Contact: Gary Poster ([email protected])