    development.

    http://wandisco.com/webinar/subversion/training
    , Apr 29, 2010

  2. markspace Guest

    Re: Free Online Subversion Training - Introduction to Subversionfor Developers

    wrote:
    > The second course in the series, "Introduction to Subversion for
    > Developers" will take place on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 9AM PDT.
    > Subversion's architecture and design principles will be covered and
    > attendees will be introduced to using Subversion for software
    > development.
    >
    > http://spamdisco.com/webinar/subversion/training

    I'm starting to not like you or your company very much.
    markspace, Apr 29, 2010

  3. Re: Free Online Subversion Training - Introduction to Subversion for Developers

    In article <hrcc99$58h$-september.org>,
    markspace <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > The second course in the series, "Introduction to Subversion for
    > > Developers" will take place on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 9AM PDT.
    > > Subversion's architecture and design principles will be covered and
    > > attendees will be introduced to using Subversion for software
    > > development.
    > >
    > > http://spamdisco.com/webinar/subversion/training

    > I'm starting to not like you or your company very much.

    Can I impose on you to elaborate? comp.lang.java.announce is gone

    <http://groups.google.com/group/news.announce.newgroups/browse_frm/thread/cc5034391edb987e>

    and I can't find the usual signs of link-spaminess:

    <http://yro.slashdot.org/story/10/04/25/0345220/>

    I like svn, to which WANdisco appears to have contributed:

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WANdisco>

    I didn't know svn was now Apache Subversion:

    <http://subversion.apache.org/>

    Can anyone comment on WANdisco's certified/enterprise products?

    <http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/>

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com
    John B. Matthews, Apr 29, 2010
  4. markspace Guest

    John B. Matthews wrote:
    > In article <hrcc99$58h$-september.org>,

    > markspace <> wrote:
    >> I'm starting to not like you or your company very much.

    > Can I impose on you to elaborate? comp.lang.java.announce is gone

    They've spammed here once before (at least) under a different email
    address. And I don't see anything Java related in their posts, now or
    then. They don't ask questions or participate in the discussion. They
    just advertise a product.

    That completely fits my definition of spam.

    If they'd like to advertise in a scc group, it might be vaguely on topic.
    markspace, Apr 29, 2010
  5. Re: Free Online Subversion Training - Introduction to Subversionfor Developers

    On 29-04-2010 14:50, John B. Matthews wrote:
    > In article<hrcc99$58h$-september.org>,
    > markspace<> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> The second course in the series, "Introduction to Subversion for
    >>> Developers" will take place on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 at 9AM PDT.
    >>> Subversion's architecture and design principles will be covered and
    >>> attendees will be introduced to using Subversion for software
    >>> development.
    >>>
    >>> http://spamdisco.com/webinar/subversion/training

    >> I'm starting to not like you or your company very much.

    > Can I impose on you to elaborate? comp.lang.java.announce is gone
    >
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/news.announce.newgroups/browse_frm/thread/cc5034391edb987e>
    >
    > and I can't find the usual signs of link-spaminess

    What about the fact that it is about a non-Java topic
    in a Java group?

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 30, 2010
  6. Re: Free Online Subversion Training - Introduction to Subversion for Developers

    In article <hrcqbr$2ci$-september.org>,
    markspace <> wrote:

    > John B. Matthews wrote:
    > > In article <hrcc99$58h$-september.org>,

    > > markspace <> wrote:
    > >> I'm starting to not like you or your company very much.

    > > Can I impose on you to elaborate? comp.lang.java.announce is gone

    > They've spammed here once before (at least) under a different email
    > address. And I don't see anything Java related in their posts, now or
    > then. They don't ask questions or participate in the discussion. They
    > just advertise a product.
    >
    > That completely fits my definition of spam.

    Thanks for clarifying. I don't mean to defend spam, only to asses its
    relative enormity. I try to ignore most of it, but I wouldn't mind
    welcoming legitimate vendor representatives. I've seen a few helpful
    answers from the occasional Oracle employee in c.l.j.databases.

    > If they'd like to advertise in a scc group, it might be vaguely on topic.

    Arne raises a similar, compelling point. My perspective is somewhat
    skewed: I returned to Java about the same time I adopted Subversion in
    earnest, so I solipsistically see such messages as less intrusive.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com
    John B. Matthews, Apr 30, 2010