    hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
    script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

    Thanks.
    PHP, Aug 25, 2005

    http://www.analog.cx/
    Thomas Jespersen, Aug 25, 2005

  3. PHP

    PHP Guest

    "Thomas Jespersen" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
    >> machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
    >> hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
    >> perl
    >> script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

    > http://www.analog.cx/

    Thanks, I am downloading it now...
    PHP, Aug 25, 2005
  4. PHP

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
    >> machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
    >> hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
    >> perl
    >> script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

    > http://www.analog.cx/

    It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
    looking for more than anything else.
    PHP, Aug 26, 2005
  5. PHP wrote:
    > "Thomas Jespersen" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
    >>>machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
    >>>hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a
    >>>perl
    >>>script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

    >>http://www.analog.cx/

    > It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
    > looking for more than anything else.

    awstats
    Captain Dondo, Aug 26, 2005
  6. PHP

    PHP Guest

    "Captain Dondo" <> wrote in message
    > PHP wrote:
    >> "Thomas Jespersen" <> wrote in message

    >>>http://www.analog.cx/

    >> It works well but it doesn't show referrer URLs... That is what I am
    >> looking for more than anything else.

    > awstats

    Thanks, I'm trying that one now.
    PHP, Aug 26, 2005
  7. PHP

    Fly Cooter Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
    >machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
    >hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
    >script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.
    >
    >Thanks.

    There are lots of free services on the web where you can register for a free
    hit counter that features full site statistics. A few of the most populr are:

    www.statcounter.com
    www.addfreestats.com
    www.retrostats.com

    --
    Fly Cooter
    http://fly-cooter.tripod.com
    Fly Cooter, Aug 26, 2005
  8. PHP

    jafar Guest

    jafar, Aug 26, 2005
  9. PHP

    Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:39:37 -0400, PHP wrote:
    > Is there a free program that will analyze web statistics locally on my
    > machine? (From downloaded raw log files.) The control panel from the
    > hosting company is terrible (lonex hosting). Just a simple program--a perl
    > script, or whatever--to give me detailed information on the traffic.

    AlterWind Log Analyzer Lite http://www.alterwind.com
    , Aug 27, 2005