    My Evanescence HP is at: | This pain is just too real
    http://marreka.no-ip.com | There's just too much that time can't erase"
    (most often offline... ) | -- Evanescence, "My Immortal"

    Chaos Master, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Chaos Master wrote:
    > Hello people.
    >
    > I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
    > Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
    > A Linux version would also be great.

    See the FAQ, section 3:

    http://www.eda.org/comp.lang.vhdl/

    Tim Hubberstey, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Chaos Master

    thomas Guest

    thomas, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Chaos Master

    Leon Heller Guest

    "Chaos Master" <> wrote in message
    > Hello people.
    >
    > I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
    > Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
    > A Linux version would also be great.

    http://www.symphonyeda.com/

    Leon

    Leon Heller, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Chaos Master

    Tom Hawkins Guest

    Chaos Master <> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b3b0954e1a6609d989b06@130.133.1.4>...
    > Hello people.
    >
    > I want to learn VHDL but I can't spend money on software.
    > Is there any free program to simulate VHDL code?
    > A Linux version would also be great.

    I've had the best luck with GHDL:

    http://ghdl.free.fr/

    Do you want to learn VHDL, or do you want to learn HDL-based hardware
    design? If the later, I would recommend Confluence. As a functional
    programming language, Confluence designs typically result in 3-5X
    fewer lines of code than VHDL. The CF compiler returns HDL and a
    cycle accuarte C model -- compile with GCC and you've got yourself a
    high-performance logic simulator.

    BTW, Confluence is GPL.

    http://www.launchbird.com/

    Regards,
    Tom

    Tom Hawkins, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    Tom Hawkins () said those last words:

    > Do you want to learn VHDL, or do you want to learn HDL-based hardware
    > design? If the later, I would recommend Confluence. As a functional
    > programming language, Confluence designs typically result in 3-5X
    > fewer lines of code than VHDL. The CF compiler returns HDL and a
    > cycle accuarte C model -- compile with GCC and you've got yourself a
    > high-performance logic simulator.

    I will take a look on those all suggestions. Many thanks!
    --
    © Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal

    Chaos Master, Jun 18, 2004