    know how I can get this kind of server so that I can use perl to post
    to my own server then the server transfers the file to the central
    database of newsgroup.

    Great Deals, Oct 2, 2003

  2. Great Deals <> wrote:

    > Isn't NNTP like mail replay?

    No, SMTP and NNTP operate differently, that's why they
    are different protocols.

    > As long as I have my own NNTP server, I
    > can get into the server-to-server communication.

    Why do you need server-to-server NNTP?

    > There are many free NNTP for read, but very few open to post.

    Because they would be used by spammers to post advertisements.

    > As I understand the NNTP in Perl needs a server to post.

    Perl has nothing to do with it.

    You need access to an NNTP server regardless of your choice of
    programming language if you want to post.

    > I want to
    > know how I can get this kind of server

    The usual way is to pay for it.

    Most ISPs provide news access.

    > so that I can use perl to post
    > to my own server then the server transfers the file to the central
    > database of newsgroup.

    Sounds like you want leafnode. Works great, I've used it for years:

    www.leafnode.org

    You will still need a "real" server for leafnode to talk to though...

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming

    Tad McClellan, Oct 3, 2003