    navigate in the world of java.
    www.javaartist.com
    , Feb 15, 2007

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    > hi ti all

    What is a "fresher"?

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 15, 2007

  3. Chris Uppal Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > What is a "fresher"?

    IIRC, the term is currently being used in the subcontinent for someone who is
    in their first year or so of employment.

    -- chris

    P.S. You forgot to add the conventional "P*ss off" instruction.
    Chris Uppal, Feb 15, 2007
  4. Daniel Dyer Guest

    On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:47:32 -0000, Lew <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> hi ti all

    > What is a "fresher"?

    In the UK it is somebody who is just starting university. I think the US
    equivalent is "freshman".

    Dan.

    --
    Daniel Dyer
    http://www.uncommons.org
    Daniel Dyer, Feb 15, 2007
  5. Lew Guest

    Chris Uppal wrote:
    > P.S. You forgot to add the conventional "P*ss off" instruction.

    Andrew already provided it for one of the OP's other re-multi-posted multiposts.

    - Lew
    Lew, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Eric Sosman Guest

    Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> hi ti all

    > What is a "fresher"?

    In the works of R.A.H., it is the small room one visits
    from time to time to "refresh" oneself. See also "powder
    room," "jakes," "loo," and "water closet."

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid
    Eric Sosman, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Chris Uppal Guest

    Eric Sosman wrote:

    > > What is a "fresher"?

    > In the works of R.A.H., it is the small room one visits
    > from time to time to "refresh" oneself.

    .... if there's time enough during those short periods when one is not actively
    engaged in sex with ones immediate relatives.

    .... or -- failing that -- someone else's relatives...

    ;-)

    -- chris
    Chris Uppal, Feb 16, 2007
  8. On Feb 16, 12:24 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Chris Uppal wrote:
    > > P.S. You forgot to add the conventional "P*ss off" instruction.

    > Andrew already provided it for one of the OP's other re-multi-posted multiposts.

    The MPS* are getting more clever. They now
    refrain from using the exact same title on
    each post, but only include identical message
    bodies.

    If I cross-post MPS with identical titles,
    it effectively 'collects' them into a single
    thread, but doing it for differenently titled
    threads simply has my disparate message popping
    up 'all over the place' with no lead in, no
    context, and not enough information to tie
    it back to the originator.

    Instead, I only reply to one message, They
    still get reported for abuse, though.

    * Multi-posting spammer / multi-posted spam

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Feb 16, 2007