from XHTML to PDF in Java: LaTeX 3?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcus Beyer, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. Marcus Beyer

    Marcus Beyer Guest

    Hello Everybody,

    currently I develop content management software. I am
    searching for a way to show content both on browsers and
    nicely in PDF and on paper.

    The content will be entered by editors with the help of an
    editor component (probably this one:
    http://www.realobjects.com/edit-on_JavaBean_SDK.434.0.html
    ). This content will be displayed on browsers. And: it
    should be converted into nice PDF.

    Language is Java. Isn't LaTeX 3 implemented in Java?
    I didn't find any API, Sourcecode, or other hint on
    their website http://www.latex-project.org/latex3.html
    Can someone help me on this.

    Are there good alternatives? Does someone know iText?
    FOP? Others?

    Thanx!
    Marcus
    Marcus Beyer, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Marcus Beyer

    Marcus Beyer Guest

    NTS (was: Re: from XHTML to PDF in Java: LaTeX 3?)

    Marcus Beyer wrote:

    > Hello Everybody,
    >
    > currently I develop content management software. I am
    > searching for a way to show content both on browsers and
    > nicely in PDF and on paper.
    >
    > The content will be entered by editors with the help of an
    > editor component (probably this one:
    > http://www.realobjects.com/edit-on_JavaBean_SDK.434.0.html
    > ). This content will be displayed on browsers. And: it
    > should be converted into nice PDF.
    >
    > Language is Java. Isn't LaTeX 3 implemented in Java?

    Oh, what I meant is NTS (a New Typesetting System).
    Is NTS dead?

    Marcus
    Marcus Beyer, Nov 20, 2003