Future Warning with win32com code

Discussion in 'Python' started by R.Marquez, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. R.Marquez

    R.Marquez Guest

    I finally got around to start testing some of my old apps with Python
    2.3. I've had no problems so far, but I did get one intriging
    warning. The following is from the Python Command Line:

    Python 2.3c1 (#44, Jul 18 2003, 14:32:36) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
    on win32
    >>> import win32com.client
    >>> ie=win32com.client.DispatchEx('InternetExplorer.Application.1')
    >>> ie.Navigate('http://webserver/SomePage.asp')
    >>> print ie.ReadyState

    D:\Py23\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py:446:
    FutureWarning:
    %u/%o/%x/%X of negative int will return a signed string in Python 2.4
    and up
    debug_attr_print("Getting property Id 0x%x from OLE object" %
    retEntry.dispid)

    4

    The code works well, as can be seen by the returned result. But what
    I want to know is what needs to be done to avoid any problems in the
    future, with 2.4. Should I submit this to the Win32 extensions
    project? Or is it so obvious that it will undoubtedly by resolved and
    I shouldn't worry about it?

    R.Marquez, Jul 23, 2003