Gateway still down?

Bil Kleb

The <-> ruby-talk gateway doesn't
seem to be working. Is someone working on it?

[This message sent via comp.lang.ruby; I sent another via
ruby-talk]

Regards,

Gerald Murray

Bil said:
The <-> ruby-talk gateway doesn't
seem to be working. Is someone working on it?
Hi Bil,
I searched on that mail list. The person handling the gateway
was house-moving, and some unexpected urgent matter came
up. I would suggest that if the gateway is to become available,
that there should be an alternate feeder, for a temporary time,
possibly longer.
best regards,
Gerald

shortcutter

Actually I'm not sure that the GW is completely disfunctional. It just
seems incredibly slow.

As a possibly related issue: my newsreader (Thunderbird) chokes (i.e.
100% CPU) when pointed to this group. My first wild guess is that
there is a loop in thread hierarchy references - which of course
normally should and can not happen. But I've seen strange thread
connections in this group before and I believe they are GW related.

Kind regards

robert