General Migration Question (1.1 ---> 2.0)

Jeffrey

At the launch yesterday in San Francisco, I was told by MS technical staff
in the Q and A area that migrating my code from ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 should be
a "no rewrite anything" scenario. Aapparently I would just create a new 2.0
project, include all of my references, classes, aspx, asxc + code behind,
etc in the 2.0 project, and it "should just run" without any changes.
Granted, if I were to do that I wouldn't be taking advantage of any
2.0-specific features if that were all I did.

My question: is migrating from 1.1 to 2.0 *really* that simple - or was that
marketing hype? Please note that my 1.1 app is not at all trivial. It
dynamically parses controls, adds them to user controls at runtime +
dynamically wires up events; it has its own "home grown" version of master
pages (couldn't wait until 2.0 for that), retrieves practically all page
content from a database, Caches practically everything that can be cached,
etc.

Thanks.