generate xml without need to persist it in a file?

keyser soze

hi
i get data with ado
i need to get a xml string from the recordset

how can i get it
without having to persist the recordset
in a (xml) text file

is there a simple way ?

thanks !!
ks

keyser soze

that is,
without having to do
my own function for :
- getrows
- scan array
- format text
- merge
- end scan
- return xml

because
i think that could be more expensive
(in computational terms)

thanks
ks

"keyser soze" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
| hi
| i get data with ado
| i need to get a xml string from the recordset
|
| how can i get it
| without having to persist the recordset
| in a (xml) text file
|
| is there a simple way ?
|
| thanks !!
| ks

keyser soze

thanks bob,

but i need to "response.write" a xml string

it's strange that there is no method
to get a string from the xmldom object

in fact,
there is a method to construct the xmldom object
from a string , with "loadXML"

if i must persist xml strings
one little problem is the xml file name
but a major one, is to have a kind of garbage
to delete files

there is no other way ?
am i wrong ?

thanks ! ks

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
| Look at the code in the "Data Island" sample here:
| http://www.davidpenton.com/testsite/tips/
|
| keyser soze wrote:
| > that is,
| > without having to do
| > my own function for :
| > - getrows
| > - scan array
| > - format text
| > - merge
| > - end scan
| > - return xml
| >
| > because
| > i think that could be more expensive
| > (in computational terms)
| >
| > thanks
| > ks

| >> i get data with ado
| >> i need to get a xml string from the recordset
| >>
| >> how can i get it
| >> without having to persist the recordset
| >> in a (xml) text file
| >>
| >> is there a simple way ?
| >>
| >> thanks !!
| >> ks
|
| --
| Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
| Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
| header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
| quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

keyser said:
thanks bob,

but i need to "response.write" a xml string

Huh? The example shows how to do it!
it's strange that there is no method
to get a string from the xmldom object

Again, huh!?!?