    is there a simple way ?

    thanks !!
    ks

    keyser soze, Mar 20, 2007

  2. keyser soze

    keyser soze Guest

    that is,
    without having to do
    my own function for :
    - getrows
    - scan array
    - format text
    - merge
    - end scan
    - return xml

    because
    i think that could be more expensive
    (in computational terms)

    thanks
    ks

    keyser soze, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Look at the code in the "Data Island" sample here:
    http://www.davidpenton.com/testsite/tips/

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 20, 2007
  4. keyser soze

    keyser soze Guest

    thanks bob,

    but i need to "response.write" a xml string

    it's strange that there is no method
    to get a string from the xmldom object

    in fact,
    there is a method to construct the xmldom object
    from a string , with "loadXML"

    if i must persist xml strings
    one little problem is the xml file name
    but a major one, is to have a kind of garbage
    to delete files

    there is no other way ?
    am i wrong ?

    thanks ! ks

    keyser soze, Mar 20, 2007
  5. keyser soze wrote:
    > thanks bob,
    >
    > but i need to "response.write" a xml string

    Huh? The example shows how to do it!

    > it's strange that there is no method
    > to get a string from the xmldom object

    Again, huh!?!?

    What about

    response.write xmldoc.xml

    ??

    > in fact,
    > there is a method to construct the xmldom object
    > from a string , with "loadXML"
    >
    > if i must persist xml strings
    > one little problem is the xml file name
    > but a major one, is to have a kind of garbage
    > to delete files
    >
    > there is no other way ?
    > am i wrong ?
    >
    > thanks ! ks
    >
    > "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Look at the code in the "Data Island" sample here:
    >> http://www.davidpenton.com/testsite/tips/
    >>
    >> keyser soze wrote:
    >>> that is,
    >>> without having to do