    Is there a way to reverse-engineer a .NET web service in C# from a WSDL file? I specifically do not need to generate a stub class (I know how to do that with WSDL.exe).

    Thanks in advance...

    John

    JOHN HORST, Jun 29, 2006

  2. "JOHN HORST" <> wrote in message news:%...
    I have a couple of WSDL files that have been provided to me as examples of web services that I will need to consume. The problem is that the system on which these exist is not available to me in my current environment. To develop my consuming logic, I want to first stub out ASP.NET web services that will accept requests in the same manner as the web services described in the WSDLs I have received.

    Is there a way to reverse-engineer a .NET web service in C# from a WSDL file? I specifically do not need to generate a stub class (I know how to do that with WSDL.exe).

    John,

    What do you need to do that WSDL.EXE isn't doing for you?

    If you're looking for something to help you test your client (and assuming you're not using test-driven development), why not create a simple program to receive the request and respond with an XML document? You would basically be mocking-out the service. See The Power of XmlElement Parameters in ASP.NET Web Methods on MSDN.

    John

    John Saunders, Jun 30, 2006

  3. JOHN HORST

    Simon Hart Guest

    Why would you need to reverse engineer a WSDL proxy when you have the WSDL document? I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jun 30, 2006
  4. JOHN HORST

    Tito Guest

    Wsdl.exe with the option "/server" can also generate an abstract class
    for an XML Web service based on the contracts (the default is to
    generate client proxy classes)

    As far as I know, it is the maximum you can achieve from WSDL (you need
    to implement the logic yourself...)

    Tito, Jun 30, 2006