Generating a WSDL for your Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Water Cooler v2, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. How do you create a .wsdl file for a Web Service you are developing
    using Visual Studio .NET 2003?

    Water Cooler v2, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Hi,

    Adding a web reference to the web service will do that for you.

    Ken
    -----------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Feb 2, 2006

  3. Water Cooler v2

    CMM Guest

    I never had to create a web service in 2003 (used remoting exclusively)...
    but I do know that in VS2005 you can get the "at-runtime" generated wsdl
    file by just running your web service project and clicking on the "Service
    Description" link (or pointing your browser direcly to the web service app
    url http://localhost/mywebservice for instance).

    Maybe there's something similar in 2003?

    CMM, Feb 2, 2006
  4. Water Cooler v2

    m.posseth Guest

    Well normally you can reference the soap by just adding ?wsdl after the
    webservice call

    however it is possible to just create wsdl documents with this Framework
    tool

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...tml/cpgrfwebservicesdiscoverytooldiscoexe.asp

    and then you can create a proxy class out of that with this frwamework tool

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...webservicesdescriptionlanguagetoolwsdlexe.asp

    regards

    Michel Posseth [MCP]

    m.posseth, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Water Cooler v2

    Anand[MVP] Guest

    If you have already written the web service, then using <url of service>?wsdl
    will get you the WSDL

    --
    Rgds,
    Anand