Generating a word document

yasodhai

Hi,
I developed a web application which contains a text box and a
command button. Once if i enter some text and then if i click the
command button, the contents in the textbox should be displayed in the
header and the footer of the word document. But this is to be done
without using the word object. Kindly let me know how to do this. Also
provide me with some documents so that i can do this.

Thanks and Regards,
Yasodhai

Mark Rae

They got bit by the IWannaDoOfficeAutomationOnMyWebServer bug...

Guess so...
Doods, it really is Unsupported, not recommended, and if you take the time
to RTFM, you will not even WANT to try it.

As I was responding to yet another of these poor folks earlier today, it
suddenly occurred to me *why* people think that they can do this until, that
is, it all stops working when they go into production...

As has been mentioned ad nauseum in here, server-side Office automation is
highly likely not to work.

However, and here's the thing, most ASP.NET developers currently develop
their apps with VS.NET 2005, IIS 5.1, SQL Server Developer Edition (maybe),
Office 2003 and IE...

.... ALL INSTALLED AND RUNNING LOCALLY ON THE SAME INSTANCE OF XP....

And in that particular scenario only, Office automation works perfectly!!!

Think about it - it would do, woudn't it!

That, my friends, is where this misconception comes from.

I'm not sure which code samples you're talking about. The link you gave
doesn't really point to much.
I'm pretty sure it can use the XML file format to avoid interop.