Generic code for "texting"

Dave Navarro

I can send a text message to my cell phone by just sending an email to
my cell number @att.com.

Where can I get the protocol for other carriers?

My boss wants me to set up a form on our internal web site for sending
text messages to managers. Their phones are with various carriers
(ATT/Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.)

Thanks!

Evertjan.

Dave Navarro wrote on 03 okt 2007 in
I can send a text message to my cell phone by just sending an email to
my cell number @att.com.

Where can I get the protocol for other carriers?

My boss wants me to set up a form on our internal web site for sending
text messages to managers. Their phones are with various carriers
(ATT/Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.)

Wrong NG!

Adrienne Boswell

Dave Navarro wrote on 03 okt 2007 in

Wrong NG!

I wouldn't say this is the wrong group... This IS something that an
ASP developer would want to do, send the results of a form submission
via SMS. Perhaps if there were an error, an IT person could get a
text message with the error message from the server.

To the OP: I've been looking into this myself, try Googling for ASP
SMS and see if anything strikes your fancy.

jp2code

How do you get this to work, Dave?

I am also with AT&T, but when I emailed a test message to myself, I got a
failure notice because of invalid recipient.