Get generated html data from aspx page and send out email

Guest

hi all,

i have hooked my website to paypal and other e merchant accounts for
accepting credit cards.
When a payment is done they post the data to my website. i process the data
and update the database and it all works fine. Now i want to send out a
notification confirmation email to my customer with the details of the order
that they have placed.

In regular asp 3.0 days i would open up a connection to the database and
usng the recordset would loop arund the order and it;s line items and write
that to a string variable with html formating tags in it and email it out, i
am pretty sure i could the same in ASp.net as well but my website already
have an asp.net web page which generated an invoice to view in the right
format and all that, so the question becomes is there any way in .net that i
could use this page to generate the invoice, get the generated html data from
it and send it out in an email , this way my poor soul would not have to go
through the pain of writing all the code again to generate the order format
it again.

Please suggest

Bruce Barker

using webclient, hit the site from your mail program. the downside is
security, you will need a way in the url to specify the user, and this opens
the feature to the internet. you should spend some time plugging this whole
(check the requesting ipaddress, account, etc)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)