Get generated html data from aspx page and send out email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Oct 4, 2005.

  1. hi all,

    i have hooked my website to paypal and other e merchant accounts for
    accepting credit cards.
    When a payment is done they post the data to my website. i process the data
    and update the database and it all works fine. Now i want to send out a
    notification confirmation email to my customer with the details of the order
    that they have placed.

    In regular asp 3.0 days i would open up a connection to the database and
    usng the recordset would loop arund the order and it;s line items and write
    that to a string variable with html formating tags in it and email it out, i
    am pretty sure i could the same in ASp.net as well but my website already
    have an asp.net web page which generated an invoice to view in the right
    format and all that, so the question becomes is there any way in .net that i
    could use this page to generate the invoice, get the generated html data from
    it and send it out in an email , this way my poor soul would not have to go
    through the pain of writing all the code again to generate the order format
    it again.

    Please suggest

    =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=, Oct 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2FtZWVy?=

    Bruce Barker Guest

    using webclient, hit the site from your mail program. the downside is
    security, you will need a way in the url to specify the user, and this opens
    the feature to the internet. you should spend some time plugging this whole
    (check the requesting ipaddress, account, etc)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 4, 2005