Get Your New Firefox Web Browser

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jess, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. Jess

    Jess Guest

    The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    added
    powerful new features that make your online experience even better.

    download here >>> http://deepquest.biz/search
    Jess, Dec 19, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Jess

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Dec 19, 10:05 am, Jess <> wrote:
    > The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    > and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    > added
    > powerful new features that make your online experience even better.
    >
    > download here >>> http://deepquest.biz/search


    And what advantage is it to the user to download Firefox from this non-
    Mozilla site? I suggest that you download directly from the official
    Mozilla Project(owner of Firefox) site at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/.
    Firefox in languages other than English also can be reached from
    there. Once a version of Firefox is installed, you will be notified of
    any version updates automatically. For those who like Firefox, but
    prefer a more traditional browser with many extras, the SeaMonkey
    browser contains the Firefox browser with many extras much as the
    Mozilla browser had. The Mozilla browser no longer is being updated.
    cwdjrxyz, Dec 19, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jess

    Mark Guest

    cwdjrxyz wrote:
    > On Dec 19, 10:05 am, Jess <> wrote:
    >> The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    >> and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    >> added
    >> powerful new features that make your online experience even better.
    >>
    >> download here >>> http://<spam>

    >
    > And what advantage is it to the user to download Firefox from this non-
    > Mozilla site?


    None, although in all probability the OP gets some advantage from people
    clicking that link.
    Mark, Dec 19, 2007
    #3
  4. Mark wrote:

    > cwdjrxyz wrote:
    >> On Dec 19, 10:05 am, Jess <> wrote:
    >>> The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    >>> and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    >>> added
    >>> powerful new features that make your online experience even better.
    >>>
    >>> download here >>> http://<spam>

    >>
    >> And what advantage is it to the user to download Firefox from this non-
    >> Mozilla site?

    >
    > None, although in all probability the OP gets some advantage from people
    > clicking that link.


    FF 3 beta's out, by the way.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2007
    #4
  5. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Mark wrote:
    >
    >> cwdjrxyz wrote:
    >>> On Dec 19, 10:05 am, Jess <> wrote:
    >>>> The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    >>>> and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    >>>> added
    >>>> powerful new features that make your online experience even better.
    >>>>
    >>>> download here >>> http://<spam>
    >>> And what advantage is it to the user to download Firefox from this non-
    >>> Mozilla site?

    >> None, although in all probability the OP gets some advantage from people
    >> clicking that link.

    >
    > FF 3 beta's out, by the way.
    >


    Yep tested it, passes the acid2 test. Cannot wait for when all my
    extensions are supported.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 19, 2007
    #5
  6. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Mark wrote:
    >>
    >>> cwdjrxyz wrote:
    >>>> On Dec 19, 10:05 am, Jess <> wrote:
    >>>>> The award-winning Web browser is now faster, more secure,
    >>>>> and fully customizable to your online life. With Firefox 2, we've
    >>>>> added
    >>>>> powerful new features that make your online experience even better.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> download here >>> http://<spam>
    >>>> And what advantage is it to the user to download Firefox from this non-
    >>>> Mozilla site?
    >>> None, although in all probability the OP gets some advantage from people
    >>> clicking that link.

    >>
    >> FF 3 beta's out, by the way.

    >
    > Yep tested it, passes the acid2 test. Cannot wait for when all my
    > extensions are supported.


    Do you know the version hack of the install.rdf files? Not guaranteed
    to work, of course, especially with a major version update. But I've got
    plenty of FF 1 extensions working fine in FF 2.


    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2007
    #6
  7. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Do you know the version hack of the install.rdf files? Not guaranteed
    > to work, of course, especially with a major version update. But I've got
    > plenty of FF 1 extensions working fine in FF 2.
    >
    >

    Hmmm no I didn't. Well I haven't really installed FF3, just downloaded
    the Zip file and run it from a temp folder. Causes each version to think
    it's just been upgraded each time your switch from on to the other. I
    really should point it to a different profile like I do with my old test
    Netscape's...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 19, 2007
    #7
  8. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Do you know the version hack of the install.rdf files? Not guaranteed
    >> to work, of course, especially with a major version update. But I've got
    >> plenty of FF 1 extensions working fine in FF 2.
    >>
    >>

    > Hmmm no I didn't. Well I haven't really installed FF3, just downloaded
    > the Zip file and run it from a temp folder. Causes each version to think
    > it's just been upgraded each time your switch from on to the other. I
    > really should point it to a different profile like I do with my old test
    > Netscape's...


    If you want to try the hack and don't know it, here it is. In the .xpi
    package (download it if you haven't) is a file named install.rdf.
    Open the rdf text file with an archive manager and send that file to a
    text editor. There will be a line that specifies the maximum FF/TB version
    (same process works with TB extensions) that the extension has been
    written for. Change that version number to include the version of
    the application you're trying to use the extension with. Save the edited
    rdf back into the xpi. Install the extension. I've had excellent results
    reclaiming old extensions this way.


    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project - http://improve-usenet.org
    Blinky the Shark, Dec 19, 2007
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Mickey Segal
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    3,929
    Mickey Segal
    Dec 7, 2005
  2. John Salerno
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    474
    John Salerno
    Mar 18, 2006
  3. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    231
  4. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    448
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
    Mar 11, 2008
  5. Jorge
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    144
    Jorge
    Nov 12, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page