Getting Elapsed session period for a request in ASP.NET

rameshbabu.karanam

I have a requirement where I need to calculate the elapsed session time
and warn the user that his session will expire within the remaining??
Is there any way to get the elapsed session period in ASP.NET. ???

woutervu

Not that I know of. You can of course built your own system. Just hook
the Session_Start event and record the starting time. A session end is
determined based on a time-out value (which you can configure in
web.config)

Siva M

Session expires after a pre-configured time since last HTTP access (sliding
expiration). So, I dont think it is possible to detect remaining session
duration as such.