getting records without reloading the page

Richard

Hey there,

I have a textbox and a listbox. When a user types a number in the textbox, I
want to get
all the records from a MS Access DB but without reloading the page. I now
have something manual
and a user first must press a button to get the listbox filled with records
but I want to have it done
automaticly without pressing a sumbit button. I know its prolly done with
javascript but thats one thing
I dont know anything about.

Can someone help me with some code or a link?

thx in advance,

Richard

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Richard,

As for the querying db and getting records without reloading page you
mentioned, I'd like to confirm some further questions:
1. Is the access db file on the server ?

2. is the "realoging page" you mentioned means post back the page to
serverside?

If the db is at serverside, I think generally the normal means is to post
back the page and do the database query at serverside. The web application
is request/ response based and the client has non-persistent connection
with serversdie, so if we want any operations related to
serverside(resources or db or any other things), we need to post back the
page and let the serverside code to do them.
Please have a check and if you have any other ideas ,please feel free to
post here. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Richard

The database is server side, but i basicly fixed the problem with the
reloading, it goes so fast the user hardly knows the page reloaded.
With an focus, i focus it on the next textbox so it looks like it wasnt
reloaded.

but my problem is solved.. :D