Updating data without reloading the page

Urs Vogel

Hi

I would like to update certain controls based on the user's entered data
(e.g. entering a cutomer id would display the name and address). This
wouldn' be a problem, but I would like to do this in the 'background'
without reloading the page. Any hints (including ASP.NET Server Controls or
javasript) links are appreciated. Thanks.

Urs

Craig Deelsnyder

Hi

I would like to update certain controls based on the user's entered data
(e.g. entering a cutomer id would display the name and address). This
wouldn' be a problem, but I would like to do this in the 'background'
without reloading the page. Any hints (including ASP.NET Server Controls
or
javasript) links are appreciated. Thanks.

Urs

The sneakiest trick I've seen for this is using an iframe or something
similar, only a small portion (invisible to the user) submits back, gets a
value, and using Javascript changes values on the main screen. I believe
this is an example of how to do that (in a different application):

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/Article/E02F3646-CB1C-4252-8AEC-5F485E90A231.dcik