Getting started

ilyas

Hi all

I am looking to develop an application for a mobile phone.

Is j2me the right way to go? What other choices do I have?

I want my application to access resources on the internet, and the
application should be accessible on many phones as is possible?

Can anyone help me here?

Many thanks?

inexplicable

It seems that you're using JDOM, well, I think using JDOM alone
could achieve your requirement by filtering the children manually,
or you can have the alternative to using XPATH for help, and
jaxen could be an assistant project in this aspect.

zero

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
Hi all

I am looking to develop an application for a mobile phone.

Is j2me the right way to go? What other choices do I have?

I want my application to access resources on the internet, and the
application should be accessible on many phones as is possible?

Can anyone help me here?

Many thanks?

j2me should be ok, if you already know Java. If not, I suggest you start
learning Java with applications first, then move on to j2me.

one althernative I know if is microsoft's mobile internet toolkit,
supported on .net

Darryl L. Pierce

I am looking to develop an application for a mobile phone.

Is j2me the right way to go? What other choices do I have?

The right way to go depends on what your application is intended to do
and on how many devices it's going to do that. Other options you have
are BREW, Symbian or device-specific coding.
I want my application to access resources on the internet, and the
application should be accessible on many phones as is possible?

Both of those options are achievable with MIDP.