    period of time. It is a useful tool for developing software
    applications to enhance productivity in the economy.
    http://allafrica.com/stories/200609120015.html
    zoat, Sep 13, 2006

  2. zoat wrote:
    > As part of the on-going collaboration between the Ghana-India Kofi
    > Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT and the Finatrade Foundation, over
    > one hundred ICT tutors from forty four Senior Secondary Schools (SSS)
    > are expected to be trained in Ruby Programming Language. Ruby is a new
    > generation and a dynamic object oriented programming language. It is
    > relatively easy to learn and can be mastered within a relatively short
    > period of time. It is a useful tool for developing software
    > applications to enhance productivity in the economy.
    > http://allafrica.com/stories/200609120015.html

    This is actually interesting news--and not spam as
    one may have suspected :)

    Eero Saynatkari, Sep 13, 2006

  3. zoat

    Guido Sohne Guest

    Yes. Very interesting news. We're going to try and teach people Ruby
    so that we can get more programmers. Moving up from doing it in QBasic
    to doing it in Ruby should make it more understandable for the kids
    involved, I think.

    -- G.

    PS: I am a developer in residence at the centre mentioned below and am
    a bit confused as well. The message contains information (signal) but
    is a bit cryptic :)

    Guido Sohne, Sep 15, 2006