GIF creator program

James Lattanzio

Dear Anyone,

Can someone recommend an inexpensive design package to create gif files?
My main use would be to create buttons.

Thanks

James Lattanzio

David Dorward

James said:
Can someone recommend an inexpensive design package to create gif
files?
My main use would be to create buttons.

GNU Image Manipulation Program. <http://www.gimp.org/> It even has some
scripts for generating buttons.

Although I would suggest PNG rather then GIF, you can get nicer results
(make sure you index the image to reduce the file size)

Steve R.

James Lattanzio wrote in message ...
Can someone recommend an inexpensive design package to create gif files?
My main use would be to create buttons.

You can use 'Windows Paint' to make 'button' gifs if you wish, but there
are plenty of free ones if you do a search , for something like 'free gif
buttons' on www.google.com

By the way, just for information, they don't *have* to be gifs, the can be
jpegs or pngs, if you can save then at a good quality at a smaller file
size than an equivalent gif..