Giving Active X Component Permissions

Gary Townsend

Server OS: Windows 2000 Server SP4
IIS: 5.0
Component Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Hey folks quick question hopefully be a quick answer too... I built an
ActiveX DLL Component to manipulate file positions on servers other than the
local machine. I went this route to avoid permission denied problems and the
problem of opening my server up and having to allow everyone full access to
the directories i want this utility manipulating.

Ok preamble done with. My question is this now that i have my component
built and registered (using regsrv32) how do i go about giving it access to
the user account i created for it on the active driectory server? I looked
into Component Services but i do not see my component there is there
something i have to do to register it there?

Gary Townsend

I found the solution for this problem. I guess if you jsut try to right
click straight from the top of the tree to applications your context menu is
different than if you left click and then right click...anyway long story
short went into COM+ applications -> action -> new -> application set up a
new appplication with the correct permissions then added my DLL as a
component under this application.

Gary Townsend