global.asa to prevent linkng to images?

Bill

If I've got images in a directory, and I define that directory as an
application directory (so I have a global.asa in it), what does my
global.asa have to look like to prevent linking of images?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

global.asa cannot prevent hotlinking. While, yes, if someone goes directly
to http://yoursite/image.jpg, a new session will be started and
Session_OnStart will be fired, that file cannot send back any redirects or
anything like that if that's what you were thinking. Unfortunately, IIS
does not have a built-in way of preventing hotlinking. This solution is as
good as any. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2276

Ray at work

Bill

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that I couldn't place a Response.Redirect
in Session_OnStart.

Hey, in a related issue, is there a reference detailing what I can and
cannot place into a global.asa file?

Bill.