Global.asa

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Submit, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Submit

    Submit Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using Global.asa on my web site, our Web server migrate to a new server from Platform WinNT to Platform (Nt+ Unix) do te server will not support Global.asa

    My question is:

    in the global.asa I have this code:

    'Session_OnStart Runs the first time a user runs any page in your application
    'Session_OnEnd Runs when a user's session times out or quits your application
    <script LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="Server">
    Option Explicit
    Sub Session_OnStart

    ' Enable = 1 disable = 0
    Session("DownloadEnable") = 1
    Session.Value("szVerMaj") = "5"
    Session.Value("szVerMin") = "8"
    Session.Value("szComp") = "225"
    Session.Value("szFile") = "27 Mo"

    end sub
    end script

    ==================================
    On file which use the session in global.asa is: Download.html

    <% if Session.Value("DownloadEnable") = "1" then %>
    b><font face="trebuchet ms,verdana,arial,helv" color="#000033" size="-1">Before
    the form below in order to let us generate your
    authorization number.</font>
    ..else
    end if

    So I'm using the sessions in almost all my pages

    Now I have to replace my Global.asa with GlobalVar.asp and I have to include it in all my pages. I rename Global.asa to GlobalVar.asp and I included it in one page to test but it's not working well

    I put on my download.html after my Javascript code:

    <!--#include file="GlobalVar.asp"-->

    but when I test the page Global.html I do not a page to display

    Any help please do I have to rename my session to a sample Variable:
    Session("DownloadEnable") = 1
    Dim DownloadEnable
    DownloadEnable = 1

    Thanks