global error handling for tiles jsp

nooobody

In a Struts application, using tiles, in case of a jsp error, I want
to forward to an error page that will then forward to an action that
will log the error and display a standard application error page(a
tiles page). As an experiment, I have tried defining an error page for
one of the jsps that comprise my tiles page. When I create an error on
that page it forwards to its error page (a single jsp), but then I
want the error page to forward to an action, not just replace the
portion of the page shown by the jsp that had the error with the
output from the error jsp.

I am using a logic:forward tag on the error page to attempt to forward
to the error-logging action

What I get is this: IllegalStateException: Response has already been
committed

What am I doing wrong here? And is there a better way to accomplish
what I want?

Tim B