Global event handling

Hari Menon

Hi

Is it possible to register a global event handler within a web app without any code change in that web app (metadata changes are ok)

What I would like to do is to drop an assembly into the bin directory of the web app and this assembly would contain the event handler code. I do not want to change the global.asax of that web app to extend from my extended HttpApplication instead - I want to keep the code of the web app unchanged

Background
Presently I have a solution for the J2EE platform. What I have is a ServletFilter that can be configured to intercept messages to resources within the web app by simply changing web.xml

I need a similar solution in ASP.NET such that I can intercept HTTP messages to resources within the web app. Since I could not find an equivalent of a ServletFilter within .NET, I decided to go with a solution that is based on global events

Thanks
Har