Going nuts with permissions and webservices!!!

Sharon McCarty

Hi everyone,

I have a VBScript making a http request to a webservice. The
webservice simply creates a .txt file on the c:\.

The VBScript successfully calls the webservice when the webservice is
on the same machine as the vbscript.

The problem is when I put the VBSCript on another machine, and make a
call to the webservice, the file does not get created.

I think I'm going thru a permissions problem. I've given the
IUSR_servername and ASPNet account on the webservice machine
administrator privileges but this still doesn't work.

I even went into the webservice and set up an impersonation to a
network account in the web.config. Next, i gave that account
administrator privileges, but still no dice.

Can anyone tell me what I can do, I'm going nuts over this problem!

Thanks in advance

Sharon

Jeffrey Hasan

This has something to do with the security context under which the VBScript
is executing, and this may not be something you have control over.

Have you thought about creating an alternate "interface" for the Web service
call, such as creating a Web page or a Windows app that you can access with
a couple of clicks on your desktop?

Jeffrey Hasan, MCSD
President, Bluestone Partners, Inc.

Sharon McCarty

Thanks Jeffrey,

I found the problem. The .net framework 1.1 and higher by default,
disables httprequests so post and get will not work. I had to
manually enable this by configuring my web.config file to accept
httprequests.

Thanks!

Sharon