Consuming WebServices from ASP 2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Aiden, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Aiden

    Aiden Guest

    Hello,

    I have a set of services that expose the functionality of my site. I
    am trying to write some examples of how to call these services from
    different technologies.

    My problem is that the asp example has to be run from an NT4 machine
    without the SOAP ToolKit, no MSXML versions and no ability to install
    any new components. Basically the hosting company want to move the
    account I am testing on off the NT4 machine so won't install anything
    new on it.

    I am not a classic ASP developer so I am not sure if I am overlooking
    something. However I have managed to call my service using the MSXML
    object and Webservice Behaviour from JavaScript. These work fine on my
    XP machine. Once loaded up to the hosting account they do not work,
    probably because NT 4 does not have the right things installed.

    Is there any way to accomplish what I am attempting? Using a basic
    setup with ASP 2.

    Thanks in advance,

    Aiden

    Aiden, Jul 27, 2006