Good news for applets with IE8!

Qu0ll

I have just tried IE8 Beta 1 with my applets and they all ran first time
without any additional configuration (i.e. I didn't have to reinstall the
Java plug-in) *and* the requirement to "Click to activate this control"
appears to have been removed!

--
And loving it,

-Q
(e-mail address removed)
(Replace the "SixFour" with numbers to email me)

Tris Orendorff

"Qu0ll" <[email protected]> burped up warm pablum in

I have just tried IE8 Beta 1 with my applets and they all ran first time
without any additional configuration (i.e. I didn't have to reinstall the
Java plug-in) *and* the requirement to "Click to activate this control"
appears to have been removed!

Don't worry. I'm sure that Microsoft will fix these problems before IE8 ships.

--
Tris Orendorff
[ Anyone naming their child should spend a few minutes checking rhyming slang and dodgy

Qu0ll

Mark Space said:
IE ain't dun until Java won't run.... ;)

Well I hope you blokes are just being sarcastic.