    post so I don't like to use those words.

    Unfortunately, I am forced to use it [google groups] as it is my only
    access to usenet from the office.

    Travis Newbury, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Travis Newbury

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:29:34 -0800, Travis Newbury writ:

    > Here is my review of the new Google Groups interface:
    >
    > PU. What a sucky interface. Could they have done a worse job?

    They've also changed image search results so that you have to hover over
    each item to see the dimensions and URL. Can't understand the thinking
    there.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont© <-·¯`·..·¯

    freemont, Jan 25, 2007

  3. freemont wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:29:34 -0800, Travis Newbury writ:
    >
    >> Here is my review of the new Google Groups interface:
    >>
    >> PU. What a sucky interface. Could they have done a worse job?

    > They've also changed image search results so that you have to hover over
    > each item to see the dimensions and URL. Can't understand the thinking
    > there.

    To make it more difficult, notice I said 'difficult' not impossible, to
    select the originating URL and bypass Google's framed version.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jan 25, 2007
  4. Travis Newbury

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > Unfortunately, I am forced to use it [google groups] as it is my only
    > access to usenet from the office.

    I take it that the ISP for your office doesn't provide newsgroup access? or
    is there a BOFH blocking it?
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Jan 25, 2007
  5. On Jan 25, 10:14 am, "Brian Cryer" <brian.cr...@127.0.0.1.ntlworld.com>
    wrote:
    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > <snip>
    >
    > > Unfortunately, I am forced to use it [google groups] as it is my only
    > > access to usenet from the office.I take it that the ISP for your office doesn't provide newsgroup access? or

    > is there a BOFH blocking it?

    Blocking it, they block everything....

    Travis Newbury, Jan 25, 2007
  6. Travis Newbury

    HugeBob Guest

    I like the new interface especially the layer displaying all my
    subscribed groups. I much prefer this one.

    HugeBob, Jan 25, 2007
  7. Travis Newbury

    dorayme Guest

    In article <83f22$45b8a7ff$471eef5e$>,
    "freemont" <> wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:29:34 -0800, Travis Newbury writ:
    >
    > > Here is my review of the new Google Groups interface:
    > >
    > > PU. What a sucky interface. Could they have done a worse job?

    > They've also changed image search results so that you have to hover over
    > each item to see the dimensions and URL. Can't understand the thinking
    > there.

    Less clutter is the idea. You see the info when you are
    interested in the pic. You show interest by hovering hesitantly
    over it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 25, 2007
  8. Travis Newbury

    dorayme Guest

    In article <96c95$45b8c0ad$40cba7bf$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > freemont wrote:
    > > On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 04:29:34 -0800, Travis Newbury writ:
    > >
    > >> Here is my review of the new Google Groups interface:
    > >>
    > >> PU. What a sucky interface. Could they have done a worse job?

    > > They've also changed image search results so that you have to hover over
    > > each item to see the dimensions and URL. Can't understand the thinking
    > > there.

    > To make it more difficult, notice I said 'difficult' not impossible, to
    > select the originating URL and bypass Google's framed version.

    Jonathan, you _are_ such a cynic! "Less clutter" explanation is
    not just being nice. Notice how OP leads you to bring out that
    irritation: "so that you have to hover over each item to see the
    dimensions and URL" suggesting in the language an image of doing
    it to every image. The reality is that there may be 1 or 2 pics
    every 2 or 3 pages at most that catch your eye. So, for the
    fussy, a good thing I say.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 25, 2007