Got error msg while Debugging : Error while trying to run project: ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ^CrazyCoder^, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. ^CrazyCoder^

    ^CrazyCoder^ Guest

    Dear all,

    Incase someone could give me a helping hands:

    I'm developing my web app using vb.net 2002/Framework 1.0 (and event upgrade
    to Framework SP2).
    I can't do local debugging on my dev machine and I got ..

    "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
    server. Catastrophic failure
    Would you like to disable future attempts to debug ASP.NET pages for this
    project?"

    I have checked on msdn .net support pages but seem I can't find my solution.

    Please help
    Thanks in advanced.

    ^CrazyCoder^, Sep 2, 2003

  2. ^CrazyCoder^

    ^CrazyCoder^ Guest

    More infos:

    And I'm using: administrator user and have checked it was a member of
    debug.group
    ... ..

    Thanks in advanced
    /

    ^CrazyCoder^, Sep 2, 2003

  3. ^CrazyCoder^

    George Hicks Guest

    Try these...

    Fix 1:
    from the command line:
    aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    iisreset

    Fix 2:
    win2k sp 4 related fixes:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=824308
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306172

    Fix 3:
    Some have indicated uninstalling sp4 is the solution... don't recommend this one.

    Fix 4: (This was the only thing that worked for me)
    Installed .Net Framework 1.1

    George Hicks, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Fix 1:
    Worked a Dream, spot on thank you!!